Sunday, January 28, 2007

Another Crabby Old Man Story

Had a phone call from old friend Eric in Dallas. We exchanged latest health misgivings and I recited my pre-op interrogation. He topped it. Eric is legally blind. When errands are necessary his yard worker becomes the driver. The yard worker obtained a driver's license via the driver's non-language test. Recently he drove Eric to the eye doctor and led him into the waiting area.

The receptionist placed two papers in Eric's hands.
"What are these papers for?" asked Eric.
"You will have to review them and update them by hand," was the helpful reply.
Eric handed them back and said: "If these are my records there is a statement that I am legally blind. That means I can't see to check them. Just call me when it is my turn for the doctor."

Murphy's Law is still active.

1 comment:

Unsinkable Kristen said...

Again, made me laugh a long long time :)