Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ear Today

Hearing Test:
Picture rooms in straight line, open-door order: kitchen>dining room>living room. In the living room is elderly Will, grandmother's cousin; mother and grandmother are in the kitchen. Mother is saying "Guess I'd better go into the living room to see if Cousin Will(Transitions -Feb 10) wants tea at supper. He's as deaf as an old post."

From the living room comes a male voice: "Yes,I'd like a cup of tea."

Hearing Test:

While on a visit to a retirement center I observed a family in the reception area
who were greeting an inhabitant. The local asked of the visitors:
"Where's Linda?"
"She's gone to the drugstore to get batteries for your hearing aid."
"Oh my! Does she have hearing problems too?"

Hearing Test:

I was stretched out on the examining table as the ear doctor probed for wax in whatever the technical term is for where he was. In the midst of the procedure I heard a cell phone ring coming from the doctor's belt area.

"If it's for me," I said, "say that I am busy."

1 comment:

Chad Gardner said...

You're really waxing poetic with this post...