Friday, February 2, 2007

VIEWPOINT

This is for the CHAD fans with inquiring minds. Chad spent a weekend with us while he was in college. After a black tie affair at the J-ville Country Club, I sat at the computer and showed him the family genealogy program. It aroused him not a bit that his grandmother had roots back to Scotland and Germany. That my roots were Scotch/English/Irish caused not a stir. "SO?" was the response to an ancestor, a Minute Man who, fortunately for me, was a day late getting to the Battle of Bunker Hill. Nor was he impressed that this was my Patriot for membership in the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR).

To it all Chad's response was: "But that's all about dead people."

I took the hint.

The next morning Chad (with his ears supporting a halo) remarked knightly: "Hey: I read First and Second Kings last night!"

"Really, Chad; that's all about dead people."

1 comment:

Chad Gardner said...

You know... I've still got the genealogy "proof" you once gave me which would allow me to join the Sons of the American Revolution.